This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Question about simplify_rtx ()
- From: Leehod Baruch <LEEHOD at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:42:05 +0300
- Subject: Question about simplify_rtx ()
In the discussion:
"Question about merging two instructions"
You showed me that it might be dangerous to replace rtx on the LHS
of a SET using simplify_replace_rtx ().
simplify_rtx () seems safer, is there a good reason why it doesn't
work with INSNs and SETs?
Will a generalized function called simplify_insn () that uses
simplify_rtx () be accepted?