var_args for rs6000 backend

I am working on variable arguments on rs6000 backend and I have browsed gcc/confi g/rs6000/rs6000.c for several times, I found there are some functions relavtive to this issue, they are setup_incoming_varargs, rs6000_build_builtin_va_list ,rs6000_va_start ,rs6000_gimplify_va_arg .

I could not know what they do just by source code. Could anybody tell me the relationship among these routines? I think it is important for me to understand the mechnism of GCC backend. Any comments or advice are highly appreciate.

I do not know what is the precondation if I want to do it? May I need to know the architecture of PowerPC and ABI for it?

Any one could clarify it for me. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards ---------------- Yao Qi Bejing Institute of Technology