Re: More NEWS on GCC?

On 8/30/05, Nicholas Nethercote <njn@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Timothy has a good point.  GCC is arguably more important than the Linux
> kernel, yet it gets very little press and recognition.  Note also that
> everybody loves Linux (more or less) but people mostly bitch about GCC if
> they think about it at all.  Perhaps these facts are connected?

Oh, I see my share of bitching about Linux, and I'm not talking about
the intelligent kind you get from developers (like what I see on the
GCC Wiki).  It's funny when you see a kernel expert (I mean that
positively) make a boneheaded comment about GCC.  :)  But that's
beside the point, and I agree with you that if GCC got more media
attention, people would appreciate it more for its strengths and for
its challenges that are far from trivial to fix.