This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem building 3.3.6 (with 3.4.4): xgcc: cannot specify -owith -c or -S and multiple compilations
- From: Kean Johnston <jkj at sco dot com>
- To: Andrew Walrond <andrew at walrond dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:06:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem building 3.3.6 (with 3.4.4): xgcc: cannot specify -owith -c or -S and multiple compilations
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: jkj at sco dot com
Andrew Walrond wrote:
Can anybody explain what this error might mean? ^^^
/tmp/gcc-3-3.heretix/work/gcc/xgcc "" -B/tmp/gcc-3-3.heretix/work/gcc/
-c ../../../../gcc-3.3.6/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/guard.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o guard.o
gcc sees those as two input files (two non-option arguments).
I suspect somewhere along the line you have something like
CFLAGS='""' by mistake, or somehow the string "" is being
passed into CFLAGS. Chekc your environment and whatever
args you gave to `make bootstrap'