Re: 4.2 Project: "@file" support

> I'm not sure how I can "fix MinGW"; see above.  Also, if a MinGW
> application wants to invoke some other Windows program, the behavior
> should be the same as if I compiled that application with Visual C, or
> Intel's C compiler, or whatever; if we were using magic to pass
> command-line arguments, we'd be breaking things.

No, the way DJGPP and Cygwin do it are twofold:

First, there's a *visible* support for @file, which would appear to
act just like your patch supports (but with subtle differences).
Non-DJGPP applications can use this to pass long command lines to
DJGPP applications.  Same for Cygwin.

Second, both DJGPP and Cygwin have *hidden* methods for passing even
longer command lines, more accurately, between DJGPP (or between
Cygwin) applications.  I don't expect you to use this.

My suggestion is to take the patch you are proposing, and add it
instead to MinGW's crt0 code.  That way, *ALL* applications built with
MinGW would support @file on the command line, not just gcc.