Re: 4.2 Project: "@file" support

GCC supports many proprietary systems and non-GNU systems, even
though that isn't the purpose of the GCC project according to the
mission statement.  Not everyone is happy about that, but that's
just the way it is.  IMHO if you're going to support proprietary
systems then you might as well try your best at it.  Mark's patch
is apparently necessary for good Windows support, and something
that other compilers there support, so why not have it in GCC?

I agree, and I think the patch is ver useful. Problems with command line length are a recurrent nuisance, and it is good to have a uniform solution, rather than a lot of patchwork.