This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Memory usage reduction in loop.c ?
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: "Christophe Jaillet" <christophe dot jaillet at wanadoo dot fr>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:48:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: Memory usage reduction in loop.c ?
- References: <001101c5a768$d817c140$96cefea9@none>
Christophe Jaillet <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I think that the structure 'struct loop_info' in loop.c could be
> shrinked a bit if all the 'int has_XXX' fields where turned into a
> bitfield just as in 'struct iv_class' or 'struct induction' in the
> same file.
> I don't know if it worse it (in term of memory usage reduction)
> neither the impact in performance.
> If anyone interested, I can try it and do a bootstrap but I don't
> have the tools to perform benchmark (memory usage or speed of the
loop.c is a dead man walking. It'll be probably removal in GCC 4.2, so I
wouldn't waste my time on it. If you want to improve RTL loop optimizers, look
into the new RTL loop optimizer (loop-*.c).