This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ISO C++ forbids initialization in array new?
- From: "Alisdair Meredith" <alisdair dot meredith at uk dot renaultf1 dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:44:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: ISO C++ forbids initialization in array new?
- References: <email@example.com>
WU Yongwei wrote:
> Well, I see this in the gcc error message. Can someone here kindly
> point to me which part of the Standard specified this behaviour? I
> thought it should be in 5.3.4, but was not able to find the words
> By the way, anyone knows the rationale of this behaviour?
It is not explicitly forbidden. Rather, there is no syntax defined that
would enable it (so it is implicitly forbidden)
you might be interested in the following paper from the last ISO