This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada character types : tree code and DW_AT_encoding
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: James E Wilson <wilson at specifix dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 10 Aug 2005 20:09:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Ada character types : tree code and DW_AT_encoding
- References: <20050705104516.GG28288@adacore.com><42FAB08F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jim" == James E Wilson <email@example.com> writes:
Jim> Java uses CHAR_TYPE. So Ada would not be the only supported language
Jim> using it if you switched to it.
I was under the impression that CHAR_TYPE was deprecated, so I
purposely avoided it in gcjx. I'm not sure where I got that
Jim> I think it would be better if the language front ends switched to
Jim> using CHAR_TYPE for character types. Otherwise the debug output
Jim> routines need a lot of code to tell which integer types are actually
Jim> character types, and this is going to be hard to get right.
Interesting. Good thing to document somewhere.