This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GCC 4.2 Project] Replacements for CSE path following
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: "Paolo Bonzini" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:51:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: [GCC 4.2 Project] Replacements for CSE path following
- References: <email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This pass does simple forward propagation and simplification when
> an operand of an insn can only come from a single def. The pass has a
> very good potential of catching simplifications currently done by
> inter-basic-block CSE (-fcse-follow-jumps and -fcse-skip-blocks) and
> combine: however, it is much faster than inter-basic-block CSE and
> runs much earlier than combine.
It is not clear whether this patch will make -fcse-follow-jumps
/ -fcse-skip-blocks obsolete and thus disable/remove them. I think this should
be clearly stated.