Porting IDL language to gcc?

Hi !

I would like to port IDL language (language for
describing the interfaces) to gcc and also create a
several backend compilers. Since the interface is not
complete implementation it wont be possible to produce
final executable after IDL parsing. Also as far as I
can see IDL is heavily reduced syntax of C++, for
example using "#define interface class" I can switch
from IDL syntax to C++ syntax. (Hmm... however IDL has
additional 'attribute' syntax, which is not directly
C++)

Also I have seen similar syntax being developed in
gcc, the extra tag called GTY(). I'm not sure however
whether I want to use your syntax (GTY) and parser
(gengtype) - GTY syntax looks rather weird compared to
IDL's. (You have tried to extend existing C, which is
not necessarily a good idea).

I, however, still am intrested in cooperation (as much
as possible). The tree generated by gengtype is
something I want to achieve, however I want to see it
as a de-facto standard, which is documented, and if
necessary I can provide my programming skills in
achieving this goal.

Anyway, what I need is to support run-time access to
names and information about the types for:
1. enumerations
2. unions
3. structs
4. fixed and dynamic arrays of any struct
   int array_fixed[25];

   int n;
   int array_dynamic[n];

5. two dimentional dynamic arrays (in both dimensions)
   int n;
   int m;
   int array2d[n][m];

I have looked through in more details about garbage
collection issues and how you try to arrange memory
chucks using some sort of algorithm for doing this.
Look in samba 4 - they have used talloc memory
allocation system, where each child has a parent.
May it can be used for more simpler allocation system?

http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/samba4/source/lib/talloc/talloc_guide.txt

I want that people, who are intrested in discussing
this further will contact me directly by mail. I want
to hear all pros and cons, and be in close contact
with gcc developers who are making C/C++ parsing
(front end) possible. Also I'm intrested on getting
more details on how gcc tree system is implemented.
(From documentation that I have read and source code
it is still not fully clear to me how verything works)

--
    Have a nice day!
        Tarmo.