Large, modular C++ application performance ...

Hi there,

	I've been doing a little thinking about how to improve OO.o startup
performance recently; and - well, relocation processing happens to be
the single, biggest thing that most tools flag.

	Anyhow - so I wrote up the problem, and a couple of potential
solutions / extensions / workarounds, and - being of a generally
clueless nature, was hoping to solicit instruction from those of a more
enlightened disposition.

	All input much appreciated; no doubt my terminology is irritatingly up
the creek, hopefully the sentiment will win through.

	http://go-oo.org/~michael/OOoStartup.pdf

	Two solutions are proposed - there are almost certainly more that I'm
not thinking of. I'm interested in people's views as to which approach
is best. So far the constructor hook approach seems to be the path of
least resistance.

	Thanks,

		Michael.