Re: Copyright assignments and java/libgcj.

Hi,

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 12:17 -0700, David Daney wrote:
> The consensus from the gcj IRC seems to be that a copyright assignment
> for Classpath is now necessary for contributions to the parts of libgcj
> that are maintained by Classpath.  This also means that said patches
> should be checked into Classpath's CVS instead of GCC's

To be specific the libjava/classpath directory.
And it is indeed best if changes go directly 'upstream' for this.
But of course emergency patches or build or release issues that need to
be solved for general GCC work can go in to the gcc tree directly.

See the libjava/HACKING file for how 'overlaying' the classpath
directory works.

Since GNU Classpath is maintained in a separate repository and has
separate releases from GCC it is seen as a separate work. I made a list
of people that have contributed to classpath this year at least twice.
Of these people there are 5 people who do not already have explicit
paperwork on file for GNU Classpath. I will contact them asap and the
copyright-clerk to clear up if we need any extra paperwork done for them
(some people listed the LIBGCJ work explicitly, so I expect those don't
need any extra action at all.)

If you don't have cvs access to classpath on savannah, but would like to
and I you didn't get an email from me yet, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark