Re: rfa (x86): 387<=>sse moves

On Jul 27, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:10:56PM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
Yes, it is. The following fixes my problem, and causes a couple of
3DNow-specific regressions
in the testsuite which I need to look at, but nothing serious; I think
it's gotten far enough to post
for opinions. This is intended to go on top of Paolo's patch
It may, of course, run afoul of inaccuracies in the patterns on various
targets, haven't tried any performance testing yet.

Looks plausible. Let us know what you wind up with wrt those regressions and testing.

With the latest version of Paolo's patch (in PR 19653) the regressions are gone. Spec is going to take a bit longer, I haven't gotten GMP to build yet on x86 Darwin....since the FP benchmarks are the interesting ones for this I should work through it.