Re: [BUG] gcc-3.4.5-20050531 (i386): __FUNCTION__ as a part of the printf's format argument

On Monday, July 25, 2005, at 01:58 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
By the way, since we have to point out that *so often*, maybe there is
something wrong on our part: I wonder whether changing the names of
those lists would help!?!? I don't know: gcc-development, gcc-users, ...

No, randomly changing mainline list names will confuse the thousands of people that are not confused. Better to ask them why they thought this list was a good idea, and then track down the root of the problem, and then fix that. In the past when I did it, it could be traced to people telling them, or to the web site directly.

For example, we could completely remove all references to the gcc mailing list from the web site, and invite people after the post a single good patch to gcc-help. :-) Or, maybe just put it on a page called contributing work to gcc. Most using gcc that just want help would not even go to such a page.