[Q] Class instance layout details

Can someone please point me to a place where I can get information
about how gcc (2.96 and later) lays out class instances? In other
words if I examine the contents of an object pointer, is there a
document that specifies how the contents of the memory with relation
to the pointer correspond to the members, the vtable etc.

Thanks,

Bharadwaj