Re: Some tests in gcc.c-torture rely on undefined behaviour?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 11:39:18AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I would guess that 920612-1.c, at least, could just be changed to use
> unsigned int, and it would continue to test whatever bug it was
> testing when it was originally added.

The problem is somewhat more widespread now with the tree
optimizers.  In particular with old test cases.  Some of these
cases are essentially optimized into empty functions by the time
we get into the RTL passes.

We would have to audit them all and add enough external
functions, volatile markers or what-have-you to have them survive
until RTL.  Not sure if it's worth it.