Re: A trouble with libssp in one-tree builds

On Jul 5, 2005, at 2:31 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

DJ, can this be solved by toplevel Makefile.in's dependencies or
lang_env_dependencies?

The usual solution is to test $with_newlib and hard-code known results if it's set.

You CANNOT rely on being able to link target programs in all cases.
It's better if you can figure out a non-linking test to use instead.

We are just testing if the c compiler can compile. Nothing more at this point. I should point out other target libraries have the same problem. I pointed Kazu to those bugs last night (I cannot find them right now).

-- Pinski