Re: updating libtool, etc.

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>If you want to update libtool, you get to play the all-of-src-uses-it
>game.  I have been updating src directories to more recent autoconf
>versions in the hope of getting rid of our outdated libtool someday. I
>believe the only remaining holdout is newlib, but I didn't check
>everything.

You're correct.  :-)

The following directories in src are still using autoconf 2.13:

blt (tcl/tk extension, not built from top level)
cgen (not built from top level)
intl (This is a special case.  intl in gcc is different and newer.
  Someone needs to update the src programs which care --  bfd, binutils,
  gas, gprof, and ld -- to use gcc's version of intl.)
itcl (tcl/tk extension, used by gdb, libgui)
iwidgets (tcl/tk extension, not built from top level)
libgloss (part of newlib)
mmalloc (not actually used by anything else)
newlib
tcl (used by gdb, libgui, expect, dejagnu, sid)
tk (used by gdb, libgui, expect, dejagnu, sid)
winsup (This is Cygwin, depends heavily on newlib)

Of these, only newlib actually uses libtool, so it's the last holdout for
switching to newer libtool.

--
This space intentionally left blank.