Re: matching '-Wl,' in a specs file

Gunther Nikl wrote:
A few LINK_SPEC definitions contain a "%{Wl,*:%*}" sequence.

There is no need to match -Wl options in LINK_SPEC, as it is handled by the gcc.c driver. The driver support was added in gcc-2.5.8. I believe all of these LINK_SPEC checks for -Wl are obsolete code from gcc-2.4.x and earlier that never got cleaned up. I confirmed this for a two of the older ports, sol2.h and svr4.h. The rest appear to have copied it from one of these two files.

Is there are particular reason you are asking about this? If not, then I think the only thing we need to do here is delete all of this obsolete code.