Re: updating libtool, etc.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 07:17:24PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> OK.  I don't want to update newlib to current tools; that would take
> too long and I don't have the ability to test the result.  Nor am I
> very enthusiastic about updating, for instance, gdb.

GDB doesn't use libtool, and now uses current autoconf, FYI.  I'm
pretty sure I've done everything that would block a libtool update
except for newlib.

> I guess that means that I should just work around the existing
> libtool, or if necessary use the new version in just the directories
> that need it.  Yuk.

I'd earlier sketched out a way to use different libtool in different
directories.  I can't find the notes now, but there's one file we'd
have to import from libtool to change a hardwired path, but otherwise
it ought to be quite easy.  Then we can switch over one at a time.

Somebody who cares really has to update newlib soon, though!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC