Re: Suggestion for simple feature - "beep" on finish.

Andreas Schwab wrote:
Graham Pratt <gpratt@alphalink.com.au> writes:

So much compiling is done in the wee hours of the morning and it is nice to just shut your eyes for a while when the messages are scrolling past. Trouble is, you have to take a peek every now and then to see if it is finished. A very simple feature I think would be good is when compiling is finished the pc speaker could give a beep, prompting you to come back to "userland" ;-)

PROMPT_COMMAND=$'echo -ne \'\\a\''

Andreas.

That's something you can trivially program using an appropriate command file, so I don't see that it is something you would put into gcc itself.