This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Libstdc++ versioning issues
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: pcarlini at suse dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:22:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Libstdc++ versioning issues
> AFAICS, there are no problems whatsover, because version 3.4.5 is *new*
> in 4.0.1.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22109>. This is
This is probably a bug in binutils but I don't have a warm fuzzy
feeling about this. I have done some debugging of the problem.
It appears that PLABEL relocations aren't being correctly handled
for versioned symbols. However, it's not clear why we have a PLABEL
relocation for the symbol _ZNSt11char_traitsIcE2eqERKcS2_@@GLIBCXX_3.4.5
in the first place.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)