Re: basic VRP min/max range overflow question

On Friday, June 17, 2005, at 05:59 PM, Paul Schlie wrote:
- If the semantics of an operation are "undefined", I'd agree; but if
  control is returned to the program, the program's remaining specified
  semantics must be correspondingly obeyed, including the those which
  may utilize the resulting value of the "undefined" operation.

I am sorry the standard disagrees with you:

       [#3] A  program  that  is  correct  in  all  other  aspects,
       operating  on  correct data, containing unspecified behavior
       shall be a  correct  program  and  act  in  accordance  with
       5.1.2.3.

:-( Maybe you just mean that you'd like it if the compiler should follow the remaining semantics as best it can, on that point, I'd agree.