Re: Reporting bugs: there is nothing to gain in frustrating reporters

Darn me all the heck. I said I wasn't going to say anything more... bad
Scott, bad Scott!

> again and again and again and again (which i'm sure you'll say is us
> "not listening to the user community", which is not the case).

I hate to disappoint you, but those words won't grace this message. I
understand the frustration.

> We've also had people write to other mailing lists and say "plesae
> mail-bomb the gcc list so they'll listen to us"

And I have a homeless guy in Berkeley who takes great satisfaction in
raking anything I do over the coals in various Usenet groups. We all
have our crosses to bear...

> ...we've become very unfriendly about the small number of people who
> contend again and again that we should do it different, claiming simply
> that any viewpoint than theirs is *wrong* and *bad* instead of "a
> tradeoff that has been chosen".  And they are *not* particularly polite
> about it.

My silly goal is to try an accomodate all viewpoints; providing a
solution for bug 323 (for infamous example) could remove an irritant for
all sides. Wouldn't that be a Good Thing?

..Scott
(Who really will shut up now, until he presents some code.)