Re: Fixing Bugs (Was: A Suggestion for Release Testing)

Laurent GUERBY wrote:

At AdaCore (I assume it's still the rule), a patch was allowed to be
committed only *after* a special run of the regression tester with CVS
source baseline + only your patch showed a clean run (it was all
automated so you just had to provide a clean patch to the system).

Yes, it's still the rule :-) and we have about 10,000 test directories now, many with a lot of code (it's many millions of lines in all, a good thing that machines are getting faster). In fact our test suite seems to take somewhat over an hour to execute on fastest machines, and that has been fairly constant!