GCC 4.01 RC1 Available

The GCC 4.0.1 RC1 prerelease is available here:

ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/prerelease-4.0.1-20050607/

Please test these tarballs, and let me know about showstoppers.

I'm aware of the request to fix PR 21364 before the final release, and I'll be looking into that.

I'll also consider patches for critical PRs, but the bar will be pretty high.

I want to avoid another situation where people feel we need to do an early release, which means that if we find similarly severe PRs we might try to fix them -- but I also want to get this release out the door so that we can close the door on the code-generation bugs that are causing us to do *this* release.

I plan to make the final release this weekend, unless major problems arise.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC