Re: Killing fixproto (possible target obsoletion)

E. Weddington wrote:
Nathanael Nerode wrote:

Propose to stop using fixproto immediately:

avr-*-*

I'm not even sure exactly what fixproto is supposed to do, but I *highly* doubt that it is needed for the AVR target. The AVR target is an embedded processor that uses it's own C library, avr-libc:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc/>
So there aren't any "old system headers" around. The RTEMS target for the AVR *may* use newlib, but I don't what the status of that is. Ralf or Joel would have to chime in on this aspect.
The AVR target no longer uses fixincludes anyway. If there are any problems with the headers, we should be able fix them directly in avr-libc.

Ralf is on vacation for a few weeks.

avr-rtems is using newlib.  *-rtems uses newlib so I assume it would not
need anything adjusted.

HTH
Eric

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985