Re: Ada front-end depends on signed overflow

Geert Bosch wrote:

For Ada, I propose we make the following changes:
  - by default, enable overflow checks using -ftrapv

This won't work, we generate plenty of cases of operations where we definitely don't want a check, and we don't set the flag, but currently the flag is ignored by gcc/gigi, we would have to adjust gigi to switch to unsigned for cases where the check overflow flagwas not set

    (jay, we should be able to get rid of -gnato finally!)
  - with checks suppressed, use -fwrapv.

We really need to do this on an operation by operation basis, since in Ada checks can be suppressed on an operation by operation basis!