Re: Ada front-end depends on signed overflow

* Paul Schlie:

>> (Without -fwrapv, integer overflow is undefined, and subsequent range
>> checks can be optimized away, so that it might cause erroneous
>> behavior.)
>
> - Since for all practical purposes most (if not all) target's use
>   2's complement integer representations which naturally "wrap", might
>   it be simply best to presume that all do "wrap" by default, but allow
>   -fnowrapv to disable it if ever required by the odd target/language?

Enabling -fwrapv disables quite a few optimizations on signed integer
types in C code.  OTOH, you should compile most real-world C code with
-fwrapv anyway.  See my security advisory on incorrect overflow
checking in C; this is a rather widespread issue, even in new code.