Re: Compiling GCC with g++: a report

Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> writes:

> But we do not get any expressive power by using C++ keywords.

Readability, readability, readability.

(for instance, 'class' vs. 'klass' - I can read decimal orders of
magnitude faster if all the English words in what I'm reading are
correctly spelled)

> That is an extreme statement.

*shrug* That's what would make it worthwhile to me.

> Furthermore, the benefits are not just what bugs we can catch right
> now, but how we make it possible to build free software based on
> GCC, and encourage more contributions.

The YAGNI principle applies, in my opinion.

> | (And I'd be less grumpy about coding to the intersection of C and
> | C++ if someone coded up warnings for the C compiler to catch
> | things outside the intersection.)
>
> Consider that to be a follow-up that I'm willing to do, if these
> preliminary patches are in.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

zw