Re: Compiling GCC with g++: a report

[...]

| > unrestricted use of C++ keywords;
|  >
| > declaring structure fields with the same name as a structure tag in
| > scope.
|
| I don't think we should be reverting patches that fall afoul of these
| last two, even if they break Gaby's build-with-a-C++-compiler
| builds. But, I would tend to accept patches from Gaby to fix such
| problems.

I guess we had a preliminary discussion about this a while ago.  I
volunteered to maintain this compatibility issue.  At a first stage,
once the patches are in, I would like to adapt Geoff's regression
scirpt to run the build with a C++ compiler.  Next, I'm willing to
follow-up with patches that implement warnings about C/C++
compatibility but that would be a much more extensive project, so I
don't think it would be fair to require it for 4.1 or hold patches on
that.  They are improvements we can get by increments.

-- Gaby