Re: gcc.dg/compat/struct-layout-1.exp does not supported installed-compiler testing

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:
>
> > Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Note how
> >>   1. it uses $(CC) for building, not the built compiler
> >
> > That is correct, as this program is run on the build system to
> > generate test cases.
>
> Shouldn't it use CC_FOR_BUILD then?

No, I was wrong.  It uses the magic of DejaGNU to build the program on
the host system and run it over there, so $(CC) is correct.  See
    testsuite/gcc.dg/compat/struct-layout-1.exp
for the details.  In any case it should not use the built compiler.

Ian