Re: FORTH frontend?

On 2005-05-06, at 04:04, Sam Lauber wrote:

There are a few diffciulties here, particularly with addressing the
open stack in an efficient way.

This problem is probably going to get a little off-topic for this
group, and it may be better to discuss this on comp.lang.forth.

I wasn't asking about the langauge implementation. What I want to know is
how to plug a frontend I write into GCC's code-generator and optimizer.

You should perhaps start by deriving from the treelang, which is already there.
This should be on the same scale of implementation complexity as forth. It's pretty
complete in interface terms however still the smallest of languages currently
in the tree.