Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

RH> But still largely useless.  Who in their right mind is going to
RH> use an 83MB static library when a shared library is available.

Rutger> Everyone on win32 builds libgcj static, and probably wants to keep it
Rutger> that way if they plan to distribute their apps.

I thought the reason everybody on win32 built static was that there
was no choice.  Is it really preferable?

I'm sympathetic to folks who want static builds for various reasons.
I wouldn't mind an option to allow libgcj to be built in some reduced
form, either; though it would be up to the folks using this mode to
maintain it.

Tom