This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RFC: May <inttypes.h> be used by testcases of the C-testsuite?
- From: BjÃrn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:36:01 +0200
- Subject: RFC: May <inttypes.h> be used by testcases of the C-testsuite?
- References: <email@example.com>
Would it be ok to make use of inttypes.h in testcases of the C-testsuite?
By replacing, e.g., "int" by "int32_t" where necessary, one could compensate
for the implicit assumption of a hand full of testcases that int is 32 bits
so that they work also for targets where int is 16 bits wide.
IMO doing this would be better than totally skipping these test cases for
targets where int is 16 bits. (This way, I , e.g., already have found a bug
in a patch for the avr port that I have committed recently!)
Comments would be appreciated.