Re: FORTH frontend?

Sam> I am experimenting with the FORTH langauge, and I would like a
Sam> front-end to be added to GCC.  I think I can get most of the
Sam> parts down, but how can I generate a tree that can be used in the
Sam> code-generator?

There are some front-end-writing tutorials linked to from the "further
readings" part of the gcc web page:

http://gcc.gnu.org/readings.html

These are a pretty good place to start.  There is also a fair amount
of documentation about trees kicking around.  I'm afraid that to
really write a front end you'll end up having to read the other ones,
though; at least that was my experience.

Tom