Re: Backporting to 4_0 the latest friend bits

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Hi Mark,

I agree; that's why I asked to see the patches.

Humm, maybe a couple of links are in order, for your convenience:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2005-03/msg00681.html
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2005-03/msg00679.html

(I understand that Kriang volunteered to regtest and, if necessary (most
likely not) tweak the patches for actual 4.0 inclusion)

Those are somewhat above my pain threshold. Is there something else that we could do for the 4.0 branch? Like issue a warning and ignore the friend declaration? Am I correct in understand that the problem case is that the friend declaration looks like "friend class C" where there is a C in a containing scope, but no C in the class with the friend declaration?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC