Re: libjava build times

Andrew Haley dixit:

>Richard Henderson writes:
> >
> > Now, unless I've done something drastically wrong, it appears as if we
> > are spending 2/3 of our time in the libtool script.
>
>Yes, that's right.  That's similar to what my oprofile experiments suggest.

Could you please go to http://wiki.mirbsd.de/MirbsdKsh, get the source,
compile it and try with it instead of your usual /bin/sh (I suppose GNU
bash) again?

I'd be interested if that warrants a noticeable speedup. I've done only
a few comparisions regarding string handling, and ksh both used less
memory and was by times faster. Also, GNU bash started getting MUCH
slower at 16 KiB strings, while ksh was linear until 256 KiB strings.

Thanks,
//mirabile
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc