Re: PPC 64bit library status?

On Apr 30, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Bill Northcott <w.northcott@unsw.edu.au> writes:

Even if the libraries build, will libffi or libobjc work on 64 bit
PPC????  Since I don't have access to a 64 bit PPC machine I cannot
test this.

They appear to work fine on powerpc64-linux.

He is talking about ppc64-darwin which has almost no support right now.

There was some talk about this earlier this year and then the support
for building the 64bit libraries on darwin was turned off for both the
4.0.0 release and on the mainline.

Note why again are you using Apple's branch.  It does not get all fixes
which the 4.0 release branch will get.

-- Pinski