Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

Peter Barada wrote:
Unfortunately for some of the embedded targets(like the ColdFire V4e
work I'm doing), a bootstrap is impossible due to limited memory and
no usable mass-storage device on the hardware I have available, so
hopefully a successful crossbuild will suffice.

How about a successful crossbuild plus passing some regression test suite, e.g. gcc's, glibc's, and/or ltp's? Any one of them would provide a nice reality check.

I'm open to running them if there's a *really* clear how-to to do it that takes into account remote hardware.

I'm not sure it qualifies as *really* clear, but my doc on doing remote gcc and glibc test runs is at http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstest-howto.html Have you tried that yet? It worked for me on systems with 16 MB of RAM and a network connection. I bet it'd work with less RAM if you ditched the glibc tests. - Dan

-- Trying to get a job as a c++ developer? See http://kegel.com/academy/getting-hired.html