Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

On Apr 27, 2005, at 7:41 AM, David Edelsohn wrote:

GCC now supports C++, Fortran 90 and Java. Those languages have
extensive, complicated runtimes. The GCC Java environment is becoming
much more complete and standards compliant, which means adding more and
more features.

Except it's not just bootstrapping GCC. It's everything. When the NetBSD Project switched from 2.95.3 to 3.3, we had a noticeably increase in time to do the "daily" builds because the 3.3 compiler was so much slower at compiling the same OS source code. And we're talking almost entirely C code, here.

-- thorpej