Should there be a GCC 4.0.1 release quickly?

Hi,

PR21173 and its duplicates are a class of wrong-code and ICE bugs
in GCC 4.0.0.

In Bugzilla, PR21173 now has 3 duplicates, and there was another
example on this mailing list. That makes 5 users who have already
run into this rather serious bug. That is a lot, for a compiler
that has only just been released...

The bug causes a few serious problems on all targets (tree optimizer
bugs do that :-/):
- wrong code in the linux kernel 2.6.12-rc
- ICE compiling MySQL 4.1
- ICE compiling kdelibs 3.4

Apparently it is not very difficult to trigger this bug.

The bug has already been fixed on mainline and on the GCC 4.0 branch.
Should we release a new GCC 4.0 RSN and recommend that people do not
use GCC 4.0.0?  Or should we maybe add a notice somewhere about this
bug?

Thoughts?

Gr.
Steven