This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Store scheduling with DFA scheduler
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jon Beniston <jon at beniston dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:27:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Store scheduling with DFA scheduler
- Organization: CodeSourcery LLC
- References: <200504261154.j3QBsJW7019048@mx1.messagewash.net>
Jon Beniston wrote:
(define_insn_reservation "arith" 1 (eq_attr "type" "arith") "x")
(define_insn_reservation "loads" 2 (eq_attr "type" "load") "x,m")
(define_insn_reservation "stores" 3 (eq_attr "type"
Stores don't really have a 'result', why have you set the
cycle count to 3? Shouldn't it be '1'? (then you won't need
store bypasses for autoincrements)
Primilary because that's how it appears to be coded in the ARM port (e.g
store_wbuf in arm-generic.md). I had tried both ways though, and for this
particular problem, changing this value appears to have no effect. I can see
that it would for autoinc though.
ah, the arm1026ejs and arm1136jfs don't do that.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
email@example.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk