Re: Merging stmt_ann_d into tree_statement_list_node

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 11:32, Kazu Hirata wrote:

> I might need your help later as a loop optimizer expert.  I just found
> yesterday that tree-ssa-loop-im.c:schedule_sm is using stmt_ann before
> a statement proper is linked to a basic block.  Specifically, it
> creates a statement, attaches a stmt_ann, and puts it on edge.  We
> probably have to one of the following.
>
> 1) delay the creation of stmt_ann until after a statement is linked,
>
> 2) create a stmt_ann just like we do now, and then copy its contents
>    to stmt_ann embedded in tree_statement_list_node, or
>
> 3) create a tree_statement_list_node in schedule_sm, which contains
>    stmt_ann, and link it to a basic block.  (This option would require
>    bigger changes as we are currently supposed to put a statement in
>    PENDING_STMT, not a tree_statement_list_node.  Plus, bsi_insert_*
>    and tsi_link_* stuff all expect a statement.)
>
> Right now I am just instrumenting stmt_ann to see where people are
> using stmt_ann while a statement is not linked to a basic block.

These are in fact issues with immediate_uses too.  I fixed the ones I
found that were causing problems, but the stmt annotation and operands
should *NOT* be created until a stmt is actually linked the program via
a bsi_ routine or some such thing.

Andrew