This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Successful gcc4.0.0 build (Redhat 9. Kernel 2.4.25)
- From: Jeff Clifford <jbc at dneg dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:38:32 +0100
- Subject: Successful gcc4.0.0 build (Redhat 9. Kernel 2.4.25)
- Reply-to: jeff at dneg dot com
make bootstrap successful build info:
gcc -v states:
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: /tmp/downloads/gcc-4.0.0/configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.0
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
Kernel \r on an \m
uname -a states:
Linux parsley 2.4.25-3dneg #1 SMP Tue Sep 7 11:16:44 BST 2004 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux -- (This is essentially the 2.4.25 kernel with some nfs
rpm -q glibc states:
This build worked for installing sitewide over nfs fine. --prefix and
--program-suffix worked fine.
--with-local-prefix=/usr/include had to be specified as the default of
/usr/local/include is not right for certain Linux distributions (like