This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Heads-up: volatile and C++
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: "Melissa O'Neill" <oneill at cs dot hmc dot edu>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:02:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Heads-up: volatile and C++
- References: <FACAB2E3-FEB1-4C1E-A3BF-673C606C0BFB@cs.hmc.edu>
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 03:07:05PM -0700, Melissa O'Neill wrote:
> I'm in the camp that believes that the committee shouldn't change the
> semantics of volatile.
Many good arguments, particularly your point about "old volatile"
vs "new volatile".