RE: Help installing & using GCC

----Original Message----

  Your best bet is to install either cygwin (http://cygwin.com), which is a
full unix-like environment including gcc, or mingw/msys (http://mingw.org),
which is a cut-down minimal version of a gnu-like environment more tailored
to the windows way of doing things.

  My preference is for cygwin, because it gives you a really full set of
unix-alike and gnu tools and shells and really behaves like a linux/unix
box, but other people prefer mingw because it's more windows-oriented.
YMMV.

    cheers,
      DaveK