Re: "make bootstrap" for cross builds

On Apr 15, 2005, at 1:19 AM, Ranjit Mathew wrote:

Hi,

  I think "make bootstrap" does not make sense for
cross builds. We however seem to allow it but
fail in a weird way later on (as on mainline).
I think this should not be allowed.

I discovered this when I mistakenly typed
"make bootstrap" out of habit on a cross build.

Huh? there is one case where this does makes sense, take for example:
ppc64-linux-gnu, you were running the ppc-linux-gnu compiled GCC and you need
a 64bit compatible one. You can compile with --with-cpu=default32 and still
have a "cross" compiler but can still do a native compiling, it is weird case
but it does show up.

-- Pinski