Re: GCC 4.0 RC1 Available

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

touch testsuite_wchar_t

Does anybody else see this?  I imagine this would be fairly annoying
for some people.

This actually relates to the same V3 testsuite stuff that I've been trying to solve on the mainline. Fundamentally, this happens because test-related stuff is being done outside of DejaGNU. In particular, "make install" depends on "make all" (Automake does that), and "make all" recursively does "make all" in the V3 testsuite directory, which ought to be a no-op (testsuite things should only happen with "make check"), but is not a no-op because the V3 testsuite wants libv3test.a, and that gets built as part of "make all", again via Automake.

We could, in theory, fix this, in that it's only testsuite stuff that would have to change, not code. But, it's a big change, and not fully done or settled on mainline. So, we'll fix it in 4.0.1, at the earliest.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC